The 2020 Jr. Livestock Auction will be held Virtually during Fair on Saturday, May 30, 2020 starting at 10am .
The order of selling species has not been determined, but will be posted soon.
FFA and 4-H youth are at the heart of the San Bernardino County Fair and the Jr. Livestock Auction. Witness the culmination of a year’s worth of hard work for these young aspiring ranchers and farmers who select, purchase, feed, and groom livestock to be judged, graded and sold at the Fair. Their projects include steers, lambs, hogs, rabbits and poultry. We are very proud of our young farmers and invite you to meet them at this year’s Fair.
As a learning and business venture for young men and women, the Fair Junior Livestock Auction is their market place and you their prospective buyer. The judges at the San Bernardino County Fair select only the best animals to sell at the Junior Livestock Auction. Such quality demands a premium price.
How Can You Participate?
Your purchase will help support an educational program. These youth are learning to produce food for your table. They are also learning how to be in business for themselves. At their age, their business is on a small scale and their costs are higher than the commercial producer. Help them achieve success and insure continued food production by supporting them now. The price you pay today encourages youth participation and is a small investment in the future of America. Profits from the sale of these animals are usually reinvested in better animals or set aside for future educational expenses. Give us a call or send us an email and we will have an auction solicitor get back to you soon.
Your purchase benefits our community and you in many ways:
- Livestock purchases support educational 4-H and FFA programs, through which students learn to budget, keep books, and cope with the challenges of private enterprise
- Hard-working youngsters are rewarded for their effort
- Young people are encouraged to continue in ranching and farming careers
- You or your company receive recognition at the event and on our website
- You receive an extraordinary high quality, locally produced product free of additives
- If you choose not to personally use your purchase, you can opt to donate the meat to nonprofit organizations to feed our community
- All or a portion of your purchase may be tax-deductible. Please consult your tax advisor for complete details.